Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mammoth Tenderloin

Boy could I use an apocalypse today. A horde of brain munchers pounding down my door would really  help distract me from life and put things in perspective. 

You know the worst part of having a bad day? Knowing that your drama is inconsequential and life is actually pretty damn good to you. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, a loving family, and good health. That should be enough. That's all that really matters. But the thing is, no matter how many times you tell yourself that, it doesn't make you feel any better. It's part of the human condition. We always want more, we always want better. 

Wanting more and wanting better is not a bad thing. If humans didn't have the drive to learn, grow and improve we would still be living in a cave, chomping on raw meat. But sometimes I feel like sitting in a cave and chewing on mammoth parts might be better for my mental health. But then again, I wonder if I might be sitting in a cave, pissing and moaning about how Grog got the liver and tenderloin and I just got the leftovers.

Sigh. Such is life. Oh well ... tomorrow is another day and there will be more to follow. I'll just have to fight harder for my tenderloin the next time. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment