I already have one artist that is interested and I may be posting some of his work on Wednesday, to coincide with the posting of the conclusion of True-Self.
But, since the gig pays shit (nothing), I am looking for multiple sources so I don't interrupt anyone's real life.
I know. I know. At this point you are saying, "Leigh, why would I want to spend my precious time producing something for you? What am I going to get out if?"
That is an excellent question and I have five excellent answers for you.
1. You will get your own profile on my blog and full recognition for your work.
2. If you already have your own blog I will post a link to it and regularly promote it through my updates here and on Facebook.
3. Promotion of my work will also help promote your work. Yes, I have a promotion budget. Yes, it is tiny. But every little bit helps and in just the last few weeks I have seen the benefits.
4. In addition to being asked to provide images inspired by my stories, I will also ask that you provide your own unique work that I may use as inspiration. You could be the catalyst for my next great piece.
5. And the best reason to join Surviving the Apocalypse? You will get early read-aheads for all my stuff.
Not sold? Well I have one more answer for you.
6. As I grow, you will grow. I can't promise you fortune or fame, but I can promise you 100% commitment. Once I commit to something, I am not easily dissuaded. I'm not giving up. I'm not going home with my tail between my legs. I am going to keep writing and keep trying. Once I set something in my sights, I drive forward with a vigorous and enthusiastic passion. This passion, this drive, this intensity, is what I am offering you. Climb aboard and see if you can hold on.
So if you or anyone you know is interested in what I have to offer, I have your first challenge:
Send a drawing, sketch, painting . . . whatever floats your boat . . . that is inspired by The Mariner's Prediction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. I'm not opposed to puppies and kittens. I'm fairly certain fluffy little kittens have the ability to grow into creatures that could easily be responsible for the apocalypse.